Benefits of Watermelon seeds :-
- Good for diabetics – The seeds have positive effects on the accumulation of glycogen stores, which can aid diabetes treatment, given their ability to decrease plasma glucose levels.
- Reduces blood pressure – Watermelon seeds contain magnesium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and the metabolism of carbohydrates. They also contain monounsaturated, polyunsaturated and omega-6 fatty acids.
- Rich source of protein – Watermelon seeds are very rich in protein. A cup of dried watermelon seeds contains a chunk of the daily-recommended dose of protein.
- Boosts immunity – The seeds, especially the roasted variety, are packed with iron and vitamin B, which enhances immune function.
- Improves male fertility – The zinc content of watermelon seeds increases fertility in men by boosting sperm quality and level. The seeds also contain manganese, lysine, glutamic acid, arginine and lycopene.
- Provides energy – Watermelon seeds are packed with ample amount of calories, making them ideal for those who need a rapid energy boost.