Benefits of Tamarind :-
- Aids Diabetes – Tamarind is capable in stabilizing blood sugar levels and even possibly reverse the damages of the pancreatic tissue that could be caused by diabetes. Another enzyme present in tamarind which is called alpha-amylase is also proven to reduce the level of blood glucose.
- Improves Digestion – Tamarind has been used as a laxative even in traditional medicine. People have discovered that it contains malic acid, tartaric acid, and potassium.
- Prevents And Treats Peptic Ulcers – Painful sores found in the stomach and small intestines are the common characteristics of peptic ulcers. Due to its polyphenolic compounds, tamarind seed extract has been discovered to provide a protective effect on ulcers.
- Reduces Weight – Tamarind does not have any fat content, it is also rich in fiber, a mineral that cannot be absorbed by the body. Fiber as we know is good for our stomach, especially if you know your body’s right level of fiber needs.As a matter of fact, a study revealed that consuming tamarind on the daily aids in weight reduction.
- Strengthens The Heart – One study revealed that flavonoids present in tamarind lowered LDL “bad” cholesterol and raised HDL “good” cholesterol levels. It also prevents the buildup of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood. Its high potassium content makes it useful against blood pressure.
- Treats Cold, Cough, And Asthma – Tamarind was discovered to be effective against allergic asthma and cough due to its antihistaminic properties, a rare content.Aside from being rich in vitamin C which is a great way to boost your immune system keeping you safe from catching cold easily.