Benefits of Sesame seeds :-
- Lower Cholesterol – Benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to naturally lower cholestrol levels. Sesame seeds are packed with phytonutrients, including fatty acids and antioxidants. Compared to other nuts, seeds, legumes and grains, sesame seeds contain the highest amount of cholesterol-lowering phytosterols. They work by displacing cholesterol in the intestinal tract to prevent cholesterol from being absorbed.
- Protect the Heart – Benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to protect the heart. Sesame seeds contain lignans, which help lower blood pressure, cholesterol and serum blood levels.
- Improve Blood Pressure – Benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to naturally improve blood pressure. As an antihypertensive agent, sesame oil works to normalize blood pressure levels. Studies have shown that supplementing with sesame oil can significantly increase antioxidants and lower blood pressure in patients.
- Balance Hormones – Research has shown that benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to balance hormones. According to a 2009 study published in The Journal of Nutrition, sesame showed positive effects on antioxidant status and blood lipids in adult women that positively impacted sex hormones. The study found that a sesame lignan called sesamin was converted into a phytoestrogen in the body that possessed estrogen-like activity
- Help Burn Fat – Benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to help the body burn fat. The phytochemicals found in sesame seeds work to boost the metabolism and increase the body’s ability to burn fat
- Boost Nutrient Absorption – Benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to boost nutrient absorption. The lignans in sesame seeds help the body absorb Vitamin E and other phytochemicals. Fatty acids help absorb fat-soluble nutrients like Vitamin A, Vitamin D and other antioxidants.
- Provide the Body With Vitamins and Minerals -Benefits of sesame seeds include the ability to provide the body with potassium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, copper and manganese. Sesame seeds can help prevent an iron deficiency, which is linked to chronic fatigue and anemia.