Benefits of fenugreek:
- Helps control diabetes – Fenugreek seeds are high in soluble fibre which slows down digestion and absorption of carbohydrates resulting in the lowering of blood sugar.
- Helps lower the bad cholesterol – According to studies, the flavonoids in fenugreek prevent the absorption of cholesterol.
- Helps reduce arthritic pains -The anti-inflammatory properties of fenugreek help alleviate the pain that one suffers from due to arthritis.
- Helps in weight loss – Being rich in soluble fibre, fenugreek helps in digestion and weight loss. It helps fight constipation, too.
- Act as vitamin & mineral supplement – Fenugreek leaves contain Vitamin A, C and folic acid and are rich in calcium, potassium and iron. The seeds are rich in Vitamin K.