Benefits of Fennel Seeds:
- Tackles Microbial Infections
Fennel acts against many harmful pathogens and can, therefore, protect you from various infections. For instance, studies have found that it shows antibacterial activity against a range of bacteria such as Enterococci bacteria which can cause urinary tract infections, wound infections, and bacteremia.
- Keeps Your Skin Young
One study looked at the effect of applying a cream containing fennel seed extracts and found that it was extremely beneficial for the skin. The formulation reduced fine wrinkles and improved the elasticity of connective tissues.
- Reduce Asthma Symptoms – Fennel seeds and their phytonutrients help clear sinuses. They make a great tea to aid with bronchitis, congestion and cough as they have expectorant properties.
- Helps Purify Blood- The essential oils and fiber in these seeds are considered very useful to flush out toxins and sludge from our bodies, thus helping to cleanse the blood.
- Improves Eyesight– Fennel seeds contain Vitamin A, which is important for eyesight. In ancient India, extracts of these seeds were used to improve the symptoms of glaucoma.
- Great for Acne – When fennel seeds are eaten on a regular basis, they provide the body with valuable minerals like zinc, calcium and selenium. These minerals are very helpful to balance hormones and in helping up the oxygen balance.