1. Weight Loss: Dry ginger powder is taken with warm water to burn the fat of the body and thus it helps to reduce weight.
2. Helps in building strong immunity: Little amount of Jaggery and ¼ tsp of dried ginger powder is boiled with water and this water is taken early in the morning to build up strong immunity to the body.
3. Get relief from headache: Dry ginger powder is mixed with water to make the paste and this paste is applied on the forehead to get relief from the pain. This paste is also applied on the neck to get relief from throat pain.
4. Get relief from gas: Dry ginger powder is used to cure gastric troubles, so it is also added to the recipes like peanut balls, mango juice which are heavy to digest to get relieve from gastric problems.
5. For Cough: One tsp of dried ginger powder is mixed with one tsp of honey and this is specially taken during night time for sound sleeping from sore throat and cough.
6. Winter Vasana’s: Vasana’s are specially winter made items made with some spice, dry fruits, flours and ayurvedic medicines to remain healthy whole year. This spice is more useful in this medicine like adadiya pak, fenugreek ball, gum balls etc.
7. Used in Herbal Kadha/Tea: Kadha is prepared using basil leaf, jaggery, black pepper, turmeric and most important is dried ginger powder with a pinch of salt. This dried ginger powder is necessarily used to get relief from cough.