Benefits of Cinnamon
1. Gut health – This is key, as gut health is increasingly being shown as the center of a multitude of other problems that formerly have been treated in isolation. Ailments such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome, diarrhea, acid reflux, indigestion and even chronic pain such as arthritis have all shown the potential to be alleviated through cinnamon consumption.
2. Oral health – This is another key area that is often overlooked as the root cause for many of our ailments. A reduction in tooth decay and gum disease is essential to one’s overall health outside of diet and exercise.
3. Mood/mind enhancer – This might be the most comprehensive category among them all. Whether eaten, or used as aromatherapy, cinnamon has demonstrated that it can aid in cognitive function to boost memory and prevent Alzheimer’s, reduce irritability and depression (also associated with PMS), alleviate headaches while increasing attention and focus.
4. Lowers blood pressure – A thorough study was conducted in the UK via a randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind clinical trial. The findings were miraculous
5. Weight loss – Cinnamon thins the blood, boosts metabolism, and helps to regulate blood sugar levels, all of which increase the likelihood of weight loss when combined with a sound diet and moderate exercise.
6. Skin care – Cinnamon’s anti-bacterial properties can help fight itch and skin rashes associated with insects, exposure to plants and allergens, as well as more complex skin disorders. It is also a drying agent, which can help with acne. As a bonus, it functions as a natural skin repellent that is far safer than over-the-counter toxic synthetic products.