Benefits of Black Pepper
- Black pepper contain a good amount of minerals like manganese, iron, potassium, calcium, and zinc.
- The outer layer of peppercorns contains phytonutrients that encourage the breakdown of fat cells which helps in loosing weight.
- Consuming a mixture of one-half teaspoon of black pepper and one tablespoon of (gur) can help those with a poor appetite.
- Being antibacterial in nature, it helps to cure cold and cough. Consuming crushed pepper mixed with a teaspoon of honey relieves cough. Since it is rich in vitamin C, it also works as a good antibiotic.
- The antiseptic property of black pepper make it a good remedy for tooth-decay and gum swellings.
- Black pepper increases the secretion of hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which in turn aids proper digestion